The Assistant Coach for Men’s Golf will assist in the successful operation of the Men’s Golf program. Represent the University of Washington Athletics Department and Men’s Golf program with professionalism and integrity.
- Assist the head coach with identifying, recruiting, developing, and retaining academically and athletically talented junior/collegiate golfers.
- Assist with administrative duties. Plan and direct home tournaments and other events. Arrange team travel and manage scheduling,
- Work closely with Student-Athlete Academic Services (SAAS) to monitor and encourage the academic success of the student-athletes.
- Coordinate with Strength and Conditioning and Athletic Training Room personnel as applicable.
- Monitor NCAA rules and coordinate with Compliance on the ever-changing landscape for college sports.
- Assist in fund-raising activities and developing relationships with donors in collaboration with the Development team.
- Compliance with the rules and regulations of the University, the NCAA, the Pac-12 Conference, the State of Washington and any other governing body is of paramount importance to the University.
- A bachelor’s degree and college golf knowledge or experience.
- Excellent communication, administrative and time management skills.
- This position will require extensive travel.
- Professional golf experience either playing or teaching, and/or college coaching experience, especially at the Division 1 level.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills. A high level of competitive golf ability and experience.
The University of Washington is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.