The University of Virginia, a Division I member of the NCAA is seeking an Assistant Coach for Men's Golf to work within a highly competitive program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in professionally responsible and values-based coaching to lead and develop high-achieving student athletes academically, athletically, and socially.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of the sport of golf and teaching abilities to develop talent from college to professional golf.
- Assist in recruiting to identify and recruit successful student-athletes whose talents and abilities align with the goals of the university and the UVA Athletic Department.
- Recruit, retain, and graduate academically successful student athletes throughout their tenure at the University of Virginia.
- Work and communicate effectively with administration, support staff, alumni, and other programs' coaches within this and other university athletic departments.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience in competitive golf.
- Demonstration of effective interpersonal communication skills along with the ability to work with diverse groups, coaches, administrators, staff, and students.
- Functional computer and social media skills.
- Commitment to always represent UVA and the program in a professional manner.
- Clean driving record for team travel.