The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in providing leadership for an NCAA Division I men’s golf program. Assists with all aspects of the men’s golf program and plays an integral part in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, and skill development. This position must work within UNCW, CAA, and NCAA guidelines to provide student-athletes an exceptional collegiate experience while competing for championships.
- Evaluate and recruit athletically and academically qualified student-athletes.
- Teach the mental and physical aspects of the game while preparing student-athletes for life after intercollegiate sports.
- Assist in designing and implementing training programs and establish practice plans.
- Assist with skill development of players and implement team strategies.
- Supervise/monitor student-athletes academic progress with a strong commitment to their academic success and graduation.
- Assist in ordering and inventorying equipment and uniforms.
- Adhere to and enforce all policies and procedures of the department and university as well as the rules and regulations of the CAA and NCAA.
- At least 2 years of intercollegiate and/or elite level sport-specific coaching and/or playing and training.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills and strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a strong commitment to their academic success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated success in the recruitment of scholarship athletes.