The Assistant Coach for Men’s Golf is a part-time hourly position which reports to the Director of Golf and is responsible with assisting the coaching and management of the men’s golf program. Westminster University is a member of the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA II) and the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference.
- Assist the Director of Golf with the recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes.
- Assist the Director of Golf with administrative tasks as assigned.
- Organize and supervise practices and help plan team schedule and travel as assigned.
- Assist with the inventory and maintenance of apparel and equipment.
- Compliance with institutional, conference and national governing regulations.
- Assist with fundraising and outreach efforts for program.
- Commitment to welfare and development of student athletes within the NCAA II philosophy.
- Work closely with other staff to promote intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the college learning environment and support the academic success of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Demonstrate record of success in coaching and recruiting student athletes at the collegiate level.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong leadership, motivational and organizational skills.
- Effective interpersonal and public relation communication skills.
- Ability to create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment with high standards and goals.
- Commitment to high academic and professional standards.