Assists the Men’s Hockey Head Coach in formulating, teaching, and coaching technical aspects of game preparation and game strategy for a Division I intercollegiate men’s hockey athletic program. Assists in directing competitions, practice, administrative activities, alumni relations activities, and the recruitment process for student athletes. Develops a varsity sporting program within the parameters of the structure and regulations of the Ivy League, other athletic leagues, the NCAA, and the University.
1. Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
2. Evaluates the athletes’ performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
3. Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
4. Scout sand evaluates opponents’ performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
5. Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students' athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
6. Participates in planning for alumni events including fund raising or other special functions.
7. May perform other duties as assigned.
Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.