Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is responsible for all aspects of the development and administration of a successful NCAA Division III Intercollegiate Ice Hockey Program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) and Commonwealth Coast Conference (CCC), rules, regulations, and policies.
- Teach and develop ice-hockey skills in a successful, safe and prudent manner incorporating all aspects of the game from skating, shooting, puck handling, body checking, etc;
- Create, present, and maintain records of up-to-date practice plans for pre-season/season drills and procedures detailing the desired goals to be achieved;
- Schedule practice and game preparation sessions; conduct post game analysis;
- Work with Head coach on all aspects of the game of ice hockey, PP, PK, etc;
- Break down game videos and practice videos to be used as a teaching tool weekly;
- Work with players off the ice (chalk talks);
- Conduct research of opposing teams.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- One to two years of hockey coaching experience at the club, high school or college level.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics, and strategies of coaching ice hockey with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Knowledgeable and current on all College rules and regulations concerning eligibility and recruiting related to ice hockey.
- Ability to handle emergency situations involving students.
- Current driver's license and good driving record.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to work evening and weekends and some holidays.