The Assistant Men's Ice Hockey Coach will report to the Head Coach and provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes. The successful candidate will place highest priority on academic integrity and a commitment to student-athlete success on the field and in the classroom.
- Provide leadership, organization, supervision for all practices and varsity contests in conjunction with head coach.
- In conjunction with head coach, oversee and evaluate assistant coaches, student assistants, and volunteers.
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program which attracts academically and athletically gifted prospectswith an unwavering commitment to retention, degree completion and academic success.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA, conference, athletic department policy manual and the College.
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect among the ice hockey staff, coaches and student-athletes.
- Commitment to student-athlete safety and welfare as it pertains to all aspects of intercollegiate ice hockey.
- Manage team needs within parameters of annual budget; review all budget requests and projected fiscal needs.
- Valid drivers license and acceptable driving record.
- NCAA compliance background check.
- Successful completion of annual coaches exam per NCAA guidelines.
- Successful completion of first aid, CPR and AED certifications.