The Assistant Ice Hockey Coach provides assistance in all phases of coaching the men's ice hockey program including: coordinating student-athlete recruitment, game preparation, player evaluation, academic coordination and practice and game coaching. They also provide administrative support as assigned.
Essential Job Duties:
- Coordinating student-athlete recruitment process..
- Identifying athletic and academic abilities compatible with UMass Lowell standards.
- Evaluating and encouraging student–athletes to apply for admissions.
- Providing assistance in the areas of game preparation/analysis and player progress/evaluation.
- Identifying, evaluating and recruiting student–athletes.
- Conducting and supervising practices and player conditioning.
- Mentoring and providing appropriate leadership, direction and supervision relevant to the academic progress and personal development of student-athletes.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 2-3 years successful experience in ice hockey coaching and program administration.
- Knowledge and understanding of, and an appreciation for, conference and NCAA rules related to Division I Ice Hockey in particular and intercollegiate athletics in general.
- Commitment to the student-athlete concept.
- Effective communication, interpersonal and public relations skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.