- Participates in the planning, organizing and execution of preseason and season practices and contests.
- Evaluates the athletes’ performance and progress to ensure peak performance during practices and contests.
- Oversees the mental and physical preparation of athletes for contests; assists in the development of conditioning programs.
- Scout sand evaluates opponents’ performance and recommends game strategy based on that evaluation.
- Oversees the recruitment of prospective student athletes; evaluate prospective students' athletic and academic abilities and present Head Coach with recruits for final selection.
- Bachelor's degree and one year of experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience and knowledge of NCAA regulations.
Knowledge of effective coaching techniques and best practices.
Ability to work in a diverse work environment and ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with school administrators, parents, students and alums.
Ability to organize and manage all facets of the program including recruiting, scouting, individual instruction, budget planning, monitoring academic progress and success of student-athletes, and general day to day operations.
Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with student-athletes, coaches and athletic and university administration.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
University policy is committed to affirmative action under law in employment of women, minority group members, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans.