Muhlenberg College, a Division III institution and a member of the Centennial Conference, is seeking applicants for two part-time assistant lacrosse coach opportunities. Responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all phases of the men’s lacrosse program within the college, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
Characteristic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Under the general direction of the head coach, provide leadership and support to all facets of the program in advancing the mission of the College and Athletics department.
- Support the head coach in administering a competitive NCAA Division III lacrosse program in accordance with college, NCAA, and Centennial Conference policies.
- Coach, motivate, counsel, and support student-athletes in realizing their potential for personal growth and development as athletes, students, and members of the general college community.
- Assist with and attend practices, training sessions, team meetings, and contests (home and away). (Specific time commitment required will be determined by the Head Coach)
- Assist in promoting strong parent, alumni, and community relations.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, related professional experience, or a combination of professional and athletic experience leading to a similar qualification, required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and engage with a varied audience, including but not limited to students, parents, college employees, alumni, and community relations.
- Ability to travel and adapt to varying schedules, including evening and weekend hours, in accordance with the needs of the team.
- Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to education verification, national criminal background checks, and driving record check.