William Peace University seeks applicants for a part-time Assistant Men’s Lacrosse Coach. Responsible for assisting with all aspects of planning, managing and developing a successful intercollegiate Men’s Lacrosse program in accordance with the standards and goals set by William Peace University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must know and adhere to all applicable NCAA and university regulations that relate to recruiting, daily program management and operation of the individual sport.
- As directed by the Head Coach—must be able to recruit quality student athletes by means of personal contact, phone and written correspondence with player, coach and parents. Must enter recruiting contacts and communications into Front Rush software applications. Must be able to evaluate ability either in person or through videotape analysis. May be asked to make frequent off-campus trips, at the direction of the Head Coach, to watch games/matches/meets. Must assist in arranging (with the Head Coach, Director of Athletics and the Admissions Office) on-campus visits for prospective student athletes. Ensures compliance with NCAA guidelines for contacting and entertaining prospects.
- Assist in scheduling games, practices, facility and vehicle use in conjunction with the Director of Athletics and other university staff.
- Assist in scheduling and planning practices. Ensure compliance with NCAA regulations on Playing Season. Per NCAA Bylaw 17.01 and 17.02
- Evaluate team and individual performance.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.