The Athletics Department at Benedictine University seeks an assistant coach for Men’s Lacrosse. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to assisting the head coach in all aspects of coaching, practice preparation, game preparation, strategy, recruitment of prospective student-athletes, strength training and scheduling in support of the Men’s Lacrosse program.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, organization and administration of practices.
- Assist in game preparation and the implementation of game day strategies.
- Assist with recruiting qualified prospective student-athletes to the program.
- Oversee and supervise strength and conditioning component of athletes training regime.
- Develop relationships within and positively promote Benedictine University and its surrounding community.
- Attend departmental and University related meetings and events as directed.
- Represent the Department of Athletics with sportsmanship, integrity and a high degree of professionalism.
- Maintain a positive student athlete assessment for program from student athletes.
- Education: High School Graduate/GED Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Experience: Previous coaching experience required.
- Specific Skills: Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Specific Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications: Yes. Organizational skills, interpersonal skills, and supervisory skills. Valid driver’s license.
Benedictine University does not discriminate in its admissions or educational policies, programs or activities; scholarship and loan programs; athletic and other University administered programs or employment practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, military or veteran status, marital status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.