This position aids the Head Lacrosse Coach in developing and maintaining a comprehensive men’s lacrosse program within the philosophy of Muskingum University, the NCAA Division III structure, and the Ohio Athletic Conference guidelines. In addition to competitiveness, the coach will emphasize holistic student well-being and be a relentless supporter of Muskingum University and its athletic department.
- Must work effectively with the students, faculty, staff, alumni, and administration of Muskingum University.
- Assist and support the head coach in leading assigned aspects of the men’s lacrosse program.
- Assist with the coaching and coordination of the men’s lacrosse program.
- Assist in recruiting prospective students who can succeed academically, athletically, and socially through their own initiative or with the support of available University resources.
- Utilize available resources to maximize student persistence and retention.
- Assist the head coach in developing and implementing a coaching strategy that promotes athletic growth and competitiveness.
- Assist with film breakdowns and game/practice preparation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Prior coaching experience, preferably in a collegiate program.
- Experience as an intercollegiate athlete in lacrosse.
- Proven ability to implement adaptive recruiting and coaching strategies.
- A commitment to student engagement in all aspects of the collegiate experience.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Familiarity with or ability to learn relevant technology, including Microsoft 365 products and industry-specific programs or software.