The Athletic Department at The University of Tampa has a position available for an Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse who will be responsible for assisting with a Division II Men's Lacrosse program, within University, Conference and NCAA rules and regulations. This position reports to the Men's Lacrosse Coach.
- Assist in practice and game preparation and perform on field coaching duties.
- Observe and supervise student-athletes to determine need for individual or team improvement.
- Scout and prepare game plans for upcoming opponents.
- Support travel planning and execution for team travel away from campus.
- Evaluate and recruit student-athletes from high school and junior colleges to include significant summer travel.
- Support development of players’ skills during off season training.
- Oversee event/game management to include field set up/tear-down for all home games.
- Help develop a pre-season schedule of games.
- Comply with all NCAA, conference and athletic department rules and regulations.
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong knowledge of coaching defense.
- Effective motivator.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to create a positive atmosphere conducive to learning.
- Commitment to high academic and professional standards.