Under the general supervision of the Head Coach, Men's Lacrosse, the Assistant Coach, Men's Lacrosse provides support and assistance of the intercollegiate lacrosse program, but is not limited to the following aspects; preparation of training/practice sessions, pregame organization and scouting reports, team travel arrangements, recruiting, managing recruiting database, assist with recruiting tours of the University, assist toward instruction/knowledge of the college ice hockey game, and professional communication in regards to the Coaching staff and individual players.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn current strategies of recruiting and recruiting software.
- Ensure compliance of the program with University and NCAA.
- Knowledge and experience of the Division III philosophy.
- Demonstrated skills in developing and motivating students both academically and athletically.
- Commitment to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Understanding of teacher/coach model in a NCAA Division III athletics program.
- Ability to objectively evaluate physical skills in the areas of physical potential and mental capability for intercollegiate athletics.
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in computer use and relevant Microsoft applications.
- Promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program; to include adhering to and enforcing all Departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, and the NCAA.
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach will develop and maintain a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with high school and travel coaches to recruit quality student-athletes to Stevenson University.
- Identify and recruit quality student-athletes, both nationally and locally, who meet the high standards established by Stevenson University.
- Assist with the daily administrative duties of the program.
- Assist with scheduling for practices and competition, interfacing with administrators and representatives from other schools.
- Monitor the conditioning and training of student-athletes working closely with Strength Coach and Athletic Training staff.