- Assists the head coach in the organization and implementation of practice plans and game management.
- Assists the head coach with scouting of opponents and film breakdown.
- Assists in the academic monitoring of student athletes during each academic year.
- Assists the head coach and the equipment manager with the selection and purchase of equipment.
- Assists the head coach and the athletic training staff in monitoring the injuries of student athletes.
- Assists the head coach in contacting and entering recruiting information into the Slate Recruitment System.
- Develops and nurtures alumni and community relations through the Norwich Men's Lacrosse social media channels.
- Responsible for retention of quality student-athletes.
- Oversees work study students, team managers, and student volunteers.
- Bachelor's degree is required; a master's degree in a related field is preferred.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience in men's lacrosse coaching is preferred.
- Collegiate lacrosse playing experience is preferred.
- Experience in a collegiate environment is preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience in speaking with small and large groups.
- Experience with fundraising activities.
- AED, CPR and First Aid certification and NCAA Rules Test is required.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, SharePoint, Teams, and Outlook).
- Able to sit, squat, reach, push, pull, and manipulate related equipment; lift 50 pounds; travel outdoors to various parts of the campus.
Norwich University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a positive education and work environment that recognizes and respects the dignity of all students, faculty and staff. Reasonable accommodations will be made for the known disability of an otherwise qualified applicant.