The assistant coach for the SUNY Cortland Men’s Lacrosse Program assists in all aspects of the administration and operation of a nationally competitive athletic program. 9.5 month obligation; 8/15/22 – 5/31/23. Cortland Athletics fosters a student-athlete environment conducive to excellence in athletics, academics, and personal growth through diverse and inclusive experiences at the university and the community.
- Demonstrate effective coaching through content knowledge, practice construction and execution, and the affective dimension (e.g., interpersonal interactions, enthusiasm, respect and rapport).
- Instruct student athletes in physical health (strength, conditioning & skill training), individual/team concepts, and safety.
- Maintain and/or build the sport program that is competitive at the conference level.
- Supervise athletes and monitor the facilities for purposes of safety and facility security.
- Recruit prospective student-athletes in accordance with the NCAA, SUNYAC and SUNY Cortland rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Recruit adequate numbers of student athletes with sufficient skill to be as competitive as possible within the guidelines set by the relevant athletic conference(s) and the policies and procedures of the university.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience at the collegiate level or above in the sport of Men’s Lacrosse.
The State University of New York College at Cortland is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Americans with Disabilities Act (AA/EEO/ADA) employer. The university actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the university.