The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach with all activities of the designated program, including but not limited to, recruitment and retention of quality student-athletes, academic progress of student-athletes, competitive game strategy, budget management, coaching staff oversight, and the program’s compliance with the University and Governing Body.
Essential Job Functions and Performance Indicators:
- Assists the head coach with the overall planning and execution of the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Produces a high performing team capable of meeting and maintaining competitive expectations as determined by University Athletic Administration.
- Develops conference, regional and nationally competitive student-athletes.
- Identifies, evaluates and recruits student-athletes to succeed at Lindenwood University.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Independent discretion, along with solid and sound judgment are essential.
- Strong leadership and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work collaboratively and establish and maintain effective relationships with the community, faculty, students, and staff.
- Requires creativity and initiative.