Assists the Soccer Program Head Coach with the coaching and supervision of Men’s Soccer Program and its student athletes and staff. Assists with the organization of practices, recruiting athletes, and other duties as required by Soccer Program Head Coach. This position reports to the Carroll Lynx Soccer Program Head Coach.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Observe students during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- Maintain standards of student athlete behavior and provides supervision of the athletes when required.
- Follow established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury.
- Follow state, regional, local and college regulations governing the athletic program.
- Model good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards students, officials and spectators.
- Follow established procedures for the proper care, maintenance, and requisitioning of equipment, supplies and uniforms.
- Attend staff development and/or other professional activities to improve coaching performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- At least two years’ experience as a player at the high school, club, or college level preferred.
- Experience as an assistant soccer coach at the high school or college level preferred.
- Must possess a thorough knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Head Coach and student athletes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred.
- Must be positive, cooperative and supportive.