This position promotes and supports the learning experience of Marian University students by assisting the Head Coach, Men’s Soccer in all phases of the NCAA Division III men’s soccer program within compliance of Marian University, Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist in preparing practice, evaluation and implementation for the men’s soccer team.
- Assist in monitoring student athlete academic progress.
- Assist the head coach with all game day responsibilities.
- Serve as a role model for the student athletes by continuously exhibiting ethical and professional conduct.
- Assist in monitoring the conditioning and training of the student athletes
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for academic achievement; monitors the academic progress of student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on high expectations for student-athlete social responsibility and works to develop well-rounded student-athletes.
- Assist in instructing student-athletes on a standard of proper student-athlete conduct, both in and out of the athletic arena and works with the Director of Athletics to sanction those who do not meet the set standard.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Ability to work nights and weekends.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to support the Mission and Core Values of the University.