The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in providing leadership for a NCAA Division I as a member of the Colonial Athletic Association. UNCW Athletics mission is to enrich the University through a commitment to developing leadership qualities among its student-athletes’ by providing opportunities which support and promote academic excellence, community engagement and competitive success.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of two collegiate years of coaching experience.
- Strong knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills along with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a strong commitment to their academic success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
Preferred Education, Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree with 4+ years of NCAA coaching experience.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes.
- Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.