Brown University Athletics is currently seeking candidates for the Assistant coach, Men's Soccer position. Located in Providence, Rhode Island, and a member of the Ivy League, our intercollegiate athletics program consists of 34 varsity teams with approximately 1,000 athletes who participate within the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA-D1).
- Assist in coaching and teaching of student-athletes in practice and games.
- Serve as Recruiting Coordinator for prospective student-athletes.
- Plan long- and short-term team objectives with the goal of enhancing individual & team development, growth & performance.
- Provide instruction and coaching for practices, individual sessions, and games. Prepare and plan practices. Run drills, teach individuals and groups of players specific tasks and skills before, during and after practice on and off the field; analyze video and provide teaching to student-athletes using video.
- Evaluate student-athletes to identify strengths and areas of improvement; Assist with designing & implementing instructional opportunities to improve technical and strategic execution.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree, required.
- 2-4 years coaching experience with a competitive club, high school or collegiate program; Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred (and/or a combination of coaching & competitive playing experience).
- Competitive collegiate and/or professional playing experience, preferred.
- Soccer coaching license, preferred: NSCAA Regional, National Advanced National or Premier. USSF D,C,B or A.