Assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the management and administration of the men’s soccer program, with specific emphasis on skill instruction and development at practices and individual training sessions. Serve as positive role model for student-athletes and represent Villanova in a first class manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical skill instruction to aid in the development of student-athletes at practices.
- Conduct individual training sessions with student-athletes geared at skill development.
- At the direction of the head coach, develop and execute practice plans that will prepare the team physically and mentally for competition.
- Assist in the preparation of team for games by contributing strategies and aiding in daily preparation of organized and effective practices.
- Prepare scouting reports on opponents in preparation for competition.
- Monitor student-athletes academic progress ensuring student athletes meet eligibility standards and advance towards a degree.
- Monitor and assist in the rehabilitation of injured student-athletes as directed by Team Physicians and Sports Medicine staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Extensive knowledge of soccer.
- Understanding of the University’s mission and its philosophy regarding student-athletes.