The assistant coach position provides assistance to the head coach with activities including practice, matches, recruitment, clinics and events. This position is integral to the development of the individual student-athlete both mentally and physically. This position provides teaching and mentoring to team members to drive them to perform at their highest.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist is mentoring and teaching student-athletes the techniques and game of soccer.
- Direct the video exchange system and program as required by the BIG EAST Conference.
- Direct the video system used by coaching staff to analyze player performance and development of individual players during practices and games.
- Assist in recruiting with emphasis on the Great Lakes region. This includes building strong, effective relationships with MLS academies and other identified clubs and high schools.
- Direct the planning and implementation of the camps and clinics program (MU Soccer School) which includes youth camps, IDcamp and other camp-related activities.
- Manage the men’s soccer Teamworks account.
- Coordinate practice, travel and game schedules in coordination with the Athletics Facilities staff and student-athlete class schedules.
- Collect and organization information related to opposing teams to develop game plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience coaching and/or playing at collegiate level required.
- Strong understanding of the sport of soccer and the administration that goes along with it.
- Ability to manage and oversee students and managers.
- Strong knowledge of technology.
- Strong organizational skills
- This position will require evenings, weekends, and holiday hours. This position will require travel.