It is the responsibility of the assistant coach to help lead a successful NCAA Division II program in his/her particular sport at Regis University. It is paramount that the assistant coach helps operate his/her program in a manner that is representative of Regis University. Excellence shall be attained through athletic success, academic achievement, service learning and leadership development.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and administration of practices and conditioning: Responsible for delivering the content and organization of the overall program as set by the Head Coach (All offenses, defenses, fundamentals and techniques, game strategies: and knowledge of all aspects of the sport);
- Professional development: Must engage in professional development. Assistant coach is responsible for keeping with the current trends and developments; as well as the implementation in order to perform duties more effectively. Additionally, the assistant coach must attend pertinent professional opportunities including but not limited to RMAC, NCAA, and NSCAA meetings as required by Head Coach or athletics department administrators;
- Recruit qualified Student-Athletes: Actively recruit academically and athletically talented student athletes within the philosophy of the Head Coach in accordance with the philosophy of Regis University and in strict adherence to University, NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Bachelor's degree, from an accredited institution of higher education. Master's or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a soccer coach.
- Must hold Premier Diploma from United Soccer Coaches or USSF C License.