This position is responsible for assisting the Head Men's Tennis Coach in the administration and teaching of the men's tennis program. This includes, but is not limited to, an extensive amount of administrative duties, recruiting, teaching, and advising of student athletes. The Assistant Coach for Men's Tennis receives direct administrative supervision and guidance from the Head Coach Men's Tennis.
- Coach and teach sport specific skills and strategies to current student-athletes at practice and competition, including preparation for said practice and competition.
- Educate team members on proper training techniques, exercises and any sport-specific needs.
- Prepare and execute practice and competition plans.
- Provide instruction and advice before, during and after competition in both group and individual settings.
- Consistently recruit national caliber athletes for enrollment at the University through mail, phone and in-person contact.
- Identify and properly vet prospects of strong character, academic ability and athletic skill.
- Evaluate recruits at competition.
- Organize and coordinate official and unofficial visits.
- Communicate with athletic liaison to admissions and financial aid regarding top prospect academic viability.
- Bachelor of Science and 2 to 3 years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience is required, preferably at the collegiate level, required.
- The ability to motivate recruits, student-athletes, and alumni to support the program enthusiastically.
- Working knowledge and compliance of NCAA/Ivy League policies and procedures.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and travel with the team or when recruiting as required.
- Valid driver's license required.