The Virginia Tech Department of Athletics embraces the core value of diverse and inclusive communities and respects the educational benefits of diverse ideas, peoples, and cultures in order to contribute to the equitable inclusion and just engagement of the world’s communities. Guided by our motto, Ut Prosim (That I May Serve), the Virginia Tech Department of Athletics is committed to fostering a culture that accepts, affirms, and values all individuals and their unique contributions to the department, university, and broader community.
- BS degree required or significant experience that equates to a bachelor's degree.
- Coaching and/or playing experience at NCAA Division I Tennis Championships.
- Working knowledge of individual skills and team systems.
- Extensive experience providing individualized instruction/coaching to elite level junior tennis athletes.
- Strong desire and ability to promote the sport to the general public.
- Excellent work ethic and communication skills required to recruit high level student athletes and interact with parents and coaches.
- Commitment to diversity.
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
- Master's degree.
- Experience as a coach or player on a professional tennis tour.
- Division I recruiting experience.