The Assistant Coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in recruiting and retaining student athletes in an effort to provide opportunities for team and individual academics and athletics; assisting the head coach with organizing and conducting practices; adhering to NJCAA coaching principles; supporting and participating in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts in partnership with the Harford Community College Foundation; and performing other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a good driving record with fewer than three points.
- First-aid/CPR/AED certifications required.
- Demonstrated expertise in sports strategies that allow excellence in coaching and instruction in practice and contests while serving as a positive example of a leader and role model.
- Excellent and effective communication skills.
- Prior experience and participation in development, fundraising and corporate sponsorship efforts.