The Assistant Coach plays a critical role in supporting the Head Coach in achieving the overall goals of the Men’s and Women’s Swimming programs by providing important recommendations, suggestions, and decisions regarding meet line-ups, priority listing of recruits, etc., as well as offering initiative and independent judgment (e.g., in providing coaching instruction, evaluating, and communicating with prospective recruits and their parents, travel coordination, and representing the Men’s and Women’s Swimming programs to constituents).
- Strong knowledge of swimming skills and strategies in one or more areas (e.g., event group training, film review, etc.).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of people in a diverse community.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to recruit effectively with no athletic grants and highly selective admissions standards.
- Strong commitment to a diverse working environment and to serving the needs of a large and diverse community.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion.