This is a temporary, part-time assistant coach position that will report to the Interim Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach. The assistant coach will assist in coaching, managing, and directing all aspects of a competitive, NCAA Division II, intercollegiate swimming and diving program. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Assists in developing and maintaining all aspects of successful NCAA Division II Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Team for the Athletic Department at Gannon University.
- Supports the Head Coach in providing direction, coordination, and instruction to Gannon’s, the men’s and women’s swimming and diving team.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes; inclusive of, but not limited to, international recruiting.
- Supports the Head Coach in assisting with ensuring compliance with all applicable University, NCAA, and Pennsylvania Athletic Conference rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assists the Head Coach in counseling team members in academics, disciplinary and personal matters. Consults with appropriate personnel for resolution of issues as required.
- Represent the Gannon University Athletic Department in professional, civic, charity, and alumni events.
- Assists the Head Coach in the development and implementation of camps and clinics.
- Education: A bachelor’s degree is required.
- Experience: One to three years of men’s and women’s swimming coaching or competitive swimming experience. Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations is required.
- Licensure: A valid driver’s license with a good driving history and in good standing is required.
- Skills: Ability to effectively teach multiple techniques related to swimming and/or diving; effectively recruit prospective national and international student-athletes to a highly selective university. Must be able to pass the NCAA recruiting test annually and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion, and flexibility is required.