This is a part-time, 10-month position that will report to the Head Men’s and Women’s Swimming & Diving Coach, serving as the primary diving coach. The assistant coach will assist in coaching, managing and directing all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II, intercollegiate diving program. Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
- Assists in developing and maintaining all aspects of successful NCAA Division II Men’s & Women’s Swimming and Diving Team for the Athletic Department at Gannon University - specifically diving.
- Supports the Head Coach in providing direction, coordination, and instruction to Gannon’s, the men’s and women’s divers.
- Recruits prospective student-athletes, inclusive of, but not limited to, international recruiting.
- Supports the Head Coach in assisting with ensuring compliance with all applicable University, NCAA, and Pennsylvania Athletic Conference rules, regulations, and policies.
- Assists the Head Coach in providing a positive student-athlete experience.
- Represents the Gannon University Athletic Department in professional, civic, charity, and alumni events.
- Assists the Head Coach in the development and implementation of camps and clinics.
- Assists the Head Coach in scheduling all competitive events and competitive facilities, specifically related to diving.
- Experience: One-to-three years of men’s and women’s diving coaching experience at the collegiate level or high school level. Knowledge of NCAA Division II rules and regulations is required.
- Licensure: A valid driver’s license with a good driving history is required.
- Skills: Ability to effectively teach diving; effectively recruit prospective national and international student-athletes, to a highly selective university. Must be able to pass the NCAA recruiting modules and have excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to exercise independent judgment, discretion and flexibility is required.