- Administer competitive NCAA Division III tennis programs in accordance with college, NCAA and Centennial Conference policies.
- Provide coaching in a manner that allows all athletes to realize their potential as students, athletes, and members of the general college community.
- Attend practices, training sessions, team meetings and matches (home and away). (Specific time commitment required will be delineated by the Head Coach)
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit prospective student-athletes.
- Part-time assistants will be expected to make themselves available when necessary for training in rules compliance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and related coaching experience, or a combination of experiences leading to similar qualification, required.
- Ability to work with a variety of people.
- Flexibility of time necessary to commit to the varying time needs of the position.
- Demonstrated understanding of, and commitment to, the Division III philosophy of athletics and adherence to NCAA regulations regarding operation of athletic programs.
- Ability to work in a self-directed fashion while serving as a member of a collaborative team.
- Experience working effectively and supporting inclusion within a diverse community. Diversity, as affirmed in the College’s mission statement, is a fundamental Muhlenberg value. For more information, visit Muhlenberg DEIB.
- Demonstrated ability to meet goals and effectively handle multiple priorities.
- Excellent skills in communication, organization, time management and planning.