Indian Hills Community College is seeking a qualified candidate to assist in the leadership of the Men’s and Women’s Track & Field program. The Assistant Coach will assist in the recruitment and development of student-athletes; assist in the organization of all facets of the Men’s and Women’s Track and Field program, including but not limited to practice and event organization, travel arrangements, recruiting, scheduling, budgeting and fundraising.
- Successful coaching and or track and field experience at the collegiate level is preferred.
- Ability to relate and supervise young people.
- Recruiting experience preferred.
- Understanding of track events.
- Must have good proofreading, organizational, keyboarding, and computer skills, including website/social media communication generation.
- Must relate well with the public and should have the capabilities to work with internal departments.
- Ability to work non-traditional business hours.
- Travel to recruiting events and away events as need.
- Under the general direction of the Head Coach, provide individual and group instruction focused on the technical improvement of the individual.
- Participate with the Head Coach in scheduling, organizing and attending practices and competitions.
- Work with Head Coach to develop a high quality recruitment program supported with a written, well defined plan including recruitment, scheduling, contacts and results.
- Assist in the process to recruit student-athletes to meet enrollment goals and expectations for roster each year.
- Assist student-athletes with navigating financial aid, housing, orientation and registration processes.
- Assist student-athletes with understanding the athletic and academic requirements to transfer to four-year colleges and universities.
- Be responsible for the conduct of players.