The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in providing leadership for a NCAA Division I program. Assists with all aspects of the men’s and women’s track and field and cross country program and plays an integral part in the day-to-day administrative responsibilities, daily team training, evaluation and recruitment of student-athletes, academic monitoring, and skill development.
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years of collegiate Track & Field coaching experience.
- Working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated leadership and communication skills along with strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the highest level of ethical standards, recruit qualified student-athletes, and display a strong commitment to their academic success.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Master’s Degree with Division I coaching experience.
- Demonstrated success in recruitment of scholarship athletes.
- Certified in CPR, AED, and First Aid.
At the University of North Carolina at Wilmington (UNCW), our culture reflects our values of inclusion, diversity, globalization, ethics and integrity and innovation and we are committed to providing equality of educational and employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, sex (such as gender, gender identity, marital status, childbirth, and pregnancy), age, color, national origin (including ethnicity), religion, disability, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, military service member status, genetic information, or relationship to other university constituents – except where sex, age, or ability represent bona fide educational or occupational qualifications or where marital status is a statutorily established eligibility criterion for State funded employee benefit programs. UNCW believes that embracing the unique contributions of our faculty, staff and students is critical to our success and paramount in being recognized for our global mindset.