The Assistant Men's & Women’s Wrestling Coach is responsible for all aspects related to assisting the head coach with conducting practices and competitions, working on individual player development, supervising pre-season and conditioning programs, assisting with recruiting and contacting prospective student-athletes and promoting and maintaining positive public relations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred. Relevant coursework/formal training required.
- Prior coaching experience, college level experience including recruiting and camps/clinics preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, knowledge of and commitment to student athlete development and demonstrated knowledge of wrestling.
- Knowledge of computer information systems including social media platforms.
- Knowledge of NJCAA rules and regulations.
- Assist with strength and conditioning program.
- Assist the head coach on varsity competition days.
- Assist in maintenance and supervision of the Multi-Purpose building, weight room, and locker room as assigned by the head coach.
- Assist with annual wrestling camps and activities as assigned.
- Assist with fund-raising activities throughout the year. This includes week night and weekend activities.
- Assist in the recruitment of wrestlers for the team. Includes overnight, weekend, and out-of-state travel.
- Provide academic support and guidance to student athletes.
- Attend all meets and practices as directed by the head coach.
- Provide instruction to wrestling student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategies of wrestling as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Coach players individually or in groups, demonstrating techniques of the sport.