Southwest Virginia Community College located in Richlands, Virginia, is seeking an Assistant Coach-Wrestlingl for the Athletics Department. Position will report to the Athletic Director.
The assistant coach is responsible for assisting the head coach in developing and maintaining a successful NJCAA Wrestling program.
The Assistant Coach duties include but are not limited to:
- Recruiting athletically and academically qualified students
- Retaining students in the program
- Planning and conducting practices
- Fundraising; budget preparation and management
- Other secondary duties as assigned
May be required to perform other duties as assigned. May be required to assist the agency or state government generally in the event of an emergency declaration by the Governor.
- Minimum of two years of wrestling coaching or playing experience at the high school level
- Must be computer literate
- Excellent oral/written communication skills
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Must be knowledgeable of NJCAA regulations and must be committed to adhering to all NJCAA, VCCS, and institutional regulations
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work under challenging physical conditions
- Must be able to lift heavy items up to 50 pounds per OSHA standard
The Virginia Community College System, an EEO employer, welcomes applications from people of all backgrounds and recognizes the benefits of a diverse workforce. Therefore, the VCCS is committed to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We prohibit discrimination and harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, mental or physical disabilities, political affiliation, veteran status, gender identity, or other non-merit factors.