The Assistant Coach of Men’s and Women’s Track & Field and Cross Country will provide event specific coaching in T&F/XC and provide administrative assistance for the overall Men’s & Women’s T&F/XC program. The Assistant will be responsible for assisting with all phases of the team, displaying strong leadership in the assisting of managing a successful college T&F/XC program which will include: coaching, providing support for the head coach, scouting, recruiting, instructing, conditioning, arranging travel, tracking equipment, and meet management. The primary event focus of this position will be the throwing events.
- Ability to coach and direct student-athletes to a high level of success and to carry out assignments in a prompt and timely fashion.
- Skill in interpersonal communications sufficient to interact effectively with students, colleagues, faculty and staff.
- Ability to write effectively.
- Ability to travel to professional meetings and conferences .
- Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred.
- At least 2 years prior college coaching, with experience at NCAA Division III preferred.
- USATF Level 1 certification preferred or USTFCCCA equivalent certifications.
Shenandoah University values the unique and diverse perspectives of individuals and communities locally and globally and seeks to foster mutual understanding in an inviting community where individuals are welcome and respected. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status or on any other basis protected under applicable law.