- A high school diploma or GED equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
- Knowledge of lacrosse skills and training methods and ability to effectively teach them.
- Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student-athletes.
- Commitment to being a positive member of the Athletics Department, the college community and the ability to influence his/her athletes to do the same.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and NESCAC rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
- The coach must be self directed and motivated and be able to work independently and work in a stressful environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the standards of the College’s current Motor Vehicle Policy required.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Subject to a criminal background check and motor vehicle record check.
Bowdoin College complies with applicable provisions of federal and state laws that prohibit unlawful discrimination in employment, admission, or access to its educational or extracurricular programs, activities, or facilities based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry and national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, marital status, place of birth, genetic predisposition, veteran status, or against qualified individuals with physical or mental disabilities on the basis of disability, or any other legally protected statuses.