The Assistant Coach of Men’s & Women’s Track & Field assists with overseeing those teams and performing a variety of related responsibilities. Several of the chief tasks include assist with recruiting, developing student athletes, planning and facilitating workouts.
Assistant Coach of Track and Field will be responsible for:
- Provide pre-season and in-season assistance.
- Coaching for practices and meets as assigned by the head coach.
- Participate in coordinating strategy, and planning meetings of the coaching staff.
- Assist in the management of facilities and equipment
- Assist in program statistical and film analysis.
- Assist in team travel arrangements.
- Participate in student-athlete evaluation.
- Assist in contacting prospective student athletes through phone calls and correspondence with high school coaches, alumni, and faculty.
- Participate in direct communication with prospective student athletes.
- Participate in the on-campus recruiting process through luncheons, meetings, etc. with prospective student athletes and their parents.
- Participate in those activities sponsored by the Admissions Department.
ONU is an equal employment opportunity employer. Accordingly, no person shall be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, transgender status, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all areas of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, discipline, separation and other terms, condition and privileges of employment.