The Diving Coach primarily coaches the athletes who compete in one and three meter diving but also assists in other aspects of the intercollegiate Swimming & Diving team including meet and practice logistics, and other team events.
- Design and implement a season plan for skill development, conditioning, and the mental aspects of the sport of diving.
- Integrate diver experience into the overall season plan devised by the Head Coach in an effective manner.
- Actively recruit prospective divers and communicate regularly with the head coach regarding the group.
- Manage administrative tasks (dive lists, travel logistics, meal planning) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist, attend, and participate in fundraising, alumni, public and media events, gatherings, and efforts as directed by the Athletic Director and the Head Coach of Swimming & Diving.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Working knowledge of NCAA and NESCAC rules and an understanding of the philosophy behind them.
- The coach must be self directed and motivated and be able to work independently and work in a stressful environment.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to meet the standards of the College’s current Motor Vehicle Policy required.
- Current CPR, AED, and First Aid certification must be maintained.
- Subject to a criminal background check.