The Diving Coach primarily coaches the athletes who compete in one and three meter diving but also assists in other aspects of the intercollegiate Swimming & Diving team including meet and practice logistics, and other team events.
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent.
- OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Design and implement a season plan for skill development, conditioning, and the mental aspects of the sport of diving.
- Integrate diver experience into the overall season plan devised by the Head Coach in an effective manner.
- Actively recruit prospective divers and communicate regularly with the head coach regarding the group.
- Manage administrative tasks (dive lists, travel logistics, meal planning) in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist, attend, and participate in fundraising, alumni, public and media events, gatherings, and efforts as directed by the Athletic Director and the Head Coach of Swimming & Diving.
- Ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student-athletes.
- Commitment to being a positive member of the Athletics Department, the college community and the ability to influence his/her athletes to do the same.