Williams College, a Division III institution and member of the New England Small College Athletics Conference (NESCAC), is seeking applicants for a part-time assistant swimming coach for the Women’s and Men’s teams. This position will have a 6-month appointment, with the possibility of renewal, and provides benefits as well as full tuition-remission of graduate school after six months of employment.
- Assist the Head Coach with duties as needed/assigned.
- Share in recruiting efforts for potential student-athletes including, but not limited to, correspondence, talent assessment, and scheduling on-campus visits.
- Assist in preparing and planning home meet operations and travel meet plans.
- Support coaching staff with team meetings and other administrative duties.
- Coaching on deck at daily morning and afternoon practices.
- Participate in all team and individual athlete meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent and competitive collegiate swimming experience required.
- Collegiate Swim Coaching Experience strongly preferred.
- Commitment to the student-athlete, passion for the sport, attention to detail, excellent interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to help recruit, teach and coach highly talented scholar-athletes who can succeed in a challenging academic environment.
- Cultural competence when working with a diverse student body.
- Valid Driver’s License required.