The Colby College Department of Athletics is seeking an assistant women’s hockey coach beginning July 1, 2021 and ending June 30, 2022. The assistant women’s hockey coach’s responsibilities include assisting the head coach in all duties involved in running a competitive Division III hockey program. We encourage inquiries from candidates who will contribute to the diversity of our College, including its cultural and ethnic diversity.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On-site coaching at games and practices, including organization and implementation of daily practices.
- Prepare video breakdown and analysis, and present analysis to team members.
- Plan and prepare for games.
- Contribute to strength and conditioning program, including one-on-one strength and conditioning work with student athletes.
- Provide support and encouragement to student athletes, including academic counseling and advising.
- Monitor academic progress of athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in education and experience.
- Previous experience coaching and or/competing at the collegiate level is highly desirable.
- Committed to the values of a liberal arts education.
- Strong attention to detail and a commitment to delivering.
- Must be organized, take initiative, and utilize strong time management skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Valid driver’s license required and must meet the College’s Fleet Safety Policy requirements.