Under the general supervision of the Head Women's Hockey Coach, the Assistant Women's Hockey Coach will provide support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate Women's Hockey program. The Assistant Coach will work to provide optimal playing conditions for Mercyhurst University Women's Hockey athletes which will include activities such as the supervision of the maintenance of the Hockey rink and the maintenance and security of all Women's Hockey related equipment and supplies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In cooperation with the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach develops and maintains a system to identify potential recruits and to work closely with area high school coaches and parents to recruit quality student athletes to Mercyhurst University.
- Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Assistant Coach is assigned to work with selected athletes on various game day situations.
- Works with the Head Coach in developing line-ups, game strategies, and individual work-out and practice needs for various student athletes.
- Serves as a role model for the student athletes by exhibiting ethical and professional conduct at all times.
- Provides oversight of athletes residing in campus housing during camps; reports damage(s), needed maintenance, security issues, etc. to Head Coach, Athletic Director, Chief of Police and Director of Residence Life.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to evaluate physical performance related to the inter-collegiate Women's Hockey program.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required. Ability to effectively communicate both within and outside the College including, but not limited to, student athletes, parents, recruits, coaches, civic and business leaders required.
- Ability to work as a support individual within a group setting.
- Ability to provide effective leadership to student athletes to encourage both successful academic development and competitive performance.
Mercyhurst does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, citizenship status, ancestry, national or ethnic origin, age, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic or because of any individual’s legally protected activities.