Under the general daily supervision of the Head Coach – Women’s Soccer, the Assistant Coach will provide support and assistance with all aspects of the intercollegiate soccer program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruits student-athletes for the women’s soccer program.
- Review soccer budget and monitors expenses.
- Schedule, develop, and implement tryouts, training sessions, and games.
- Assist in the organization, promotion, and implementation of women’s soccer camps and identification clinics.
- Ability to demonstrate and/or guide development of fundamental soccer techniques relative to NCAA Division II Women’s Soccer.
- Monitor academic progress of soccer players and arrange for tutoring if necessary.
- Inform supervisor of student-athletes in academic trouble.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of women’s soccer student-athletes at Mercyhurst University.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred); United Soccer Coaches and/or USSF Licensure preferred; Previous college coaching experience required - minimum of two years - or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Leadership skills with energy, insight, enthusiasm and strong work ethic.