TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Coordinates the recruiting of student-athletes who have the ability and potential, athletically and academically, to achieve success at WBU. In that sense, the Coach serves as a recruiting officer of the University, attracting students to participate in the programs.
- Assist in the planning, organizing and supervision of the wrestling program.
- Set forth desired goals for the program.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of the NAIA, the Sooner Athletic Conference and WBU.
- Arrange for the use of facilities and vehicles through the Athletics Director.
- Arrange for pre-participation physicals and be responsible for securing all pre-participation forms as required by the Athletics Department policy for eligibility purposes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Exercise & Sport Science or closely related field is required.
- Master's Degree in Exercise & Sport Science or closely related field is preferred.
- Experience in Wrestling is required.
- Collegiate coaching experience in Wrestling is preferred.
Wayland Baptist University does not illegally discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, or genetic information. Under federal law, the university may discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its mission and purposes.