The Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach reports to the Head Women’s Basketball Coach and is responsible for assisting the Head Coach in carrying out all activities necessary to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of the NCAA, ASUN, and the University.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities through the Head Women’s Basketball Coach.
- Assist Head Coach in recruiting, instructing and retaining highly skilled student-athletes for the Women’s Basketball team.
- Provide instruction to basketball student-athletes on the fundamentals, details and strategies of basketball as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and regulations of the Director of Athletics, University, ASUN, and NCAA.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of Women’s Basketball.
- Counsel student athletes in sport participation, personal development and academics.
- Work with the Admissions Office to enroll student-athletes.
- Assist in the monitoring of student-athletes academic progress.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Playing or coaching experience at the college, university or professional level.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing motivating student-athletes academically and athletically.
- A background check and official transcript will be required of the successful applicant.