The primary focus of the Assistant Coach, (Seasonal) will be the horizontal jumping events. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, training athletes on the track & field team, and assisting the head coach in all aspects of pre-season & post-season training, practice, competition, and recruitment. Must be capable of having a flexible practice schedule, monitoring student-athlete academic success, and recruiting strategy for event groups.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning, organizing, and administration of event group practice with various practice times available to athletes.
- Teach proper fundamentals and techniques of all horizontal jumping events (Long Jump and Triple Jump) through safe training and long-term development of athletes.
- Assist with recruiting qualified prospective student-athletes who meet the academic and athletic standards of our program.
- Assist in organizing logistics for Benedictine University home invitationals, team travel, and fundraising goals.
- Assist in meet competition preparation and implementation of meet strategies.
- High School Graduate/GED Required, Bachelor's Degree Preferred.
- Previous Coaching Experience Required.
- Knowledge of NCAA Division III philosophy, recruitment, rules and regulations.
- Yes. Knowledge of NCAA jumping events (long jump and triple jump). A valid Driver’s License is required. CPR certification is preferred. USATF Level One Certification is preferred.