The Assistant Coach will provide support to the Head Coach and the Offensive Coordinator in all aspects of on field coaching, player development, academic success, recruiting, film study, practice organization, position meetings, scouting opponents, special teams coaching, and other duties as assigned. This position will potentially supervise: student assistant coaches, volunteer coaches and other assistant coaches.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2 years of football coaching experiences (high school level or above).
- Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Assists in and may organize, prepare, and conduct individual team practices and trainings; aids in the critical areas of team competition planning, as appropriate to the program.
- Promotes a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Assists as directed with the oversight of athletic training, strength, and conditioning workouts; provides technical support and training to athletes, as appropriate to the sport; receives instruction and developmental guidance from more senior coaching staff.