High Point University is currently seeking a full-time Assistant Soccer Coach. This position will lead student-athletes in their academic, physical and leadership development and promote the philosophy and objectives of the intercollegiate athletics program in a manner that advances the brand of High Point University.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
- Proficient in the technical knowledge of their sport.
- Capability to instruct student-athletes and increase their athletic performance.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong technological skills.
- Instructs student-athletes, improving skill, sport performance and leadership.
- Assists Head Coach in coaching student-athletes.
- Counsels team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters; assists in monitoring the academic progress and eligibility status of student-athletes.
- Positive by nature and looks to build relationship.
- Evaluates, recruits and recommends prospective student-athletes.
- Monitors the conditioning and training of student-athletes.
- Participates in analysis of past performance, opponent’s performance, designing game plans/strategies, etc.